Chapel of San Leonardo

Piero della Francesca pointed in his will to put his burial in the Chapel of San Leonardo or Monasticism, located next to the Cathedral of Sansepolcro. This is the most significant place of the city because, according to tradition, in 1012 stopped here Egidio and Arcano, the two Saints pilgrims returning from the Holy Land and here they erected the oratory around which arose the village of the Holy Sepulchre.

 

Contacts

Chapel of San Leonardo
Via Giacomo Matteotti, 1
52037 Sansepolcro